Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 model 210 and have have a problem with the brake lights. I have replaced most of the electrical wiring, except the wiring that goes to the tail lights. I replaced the light switch and checked the fuses. The tail lights come on but when you step on the brakes it doesn't change. I last changed the brake switch under the steering column and still they do not work. Can someone point me to another possibility? The next check I was going to make was the grounding of the wires/condition of the wires to the back, but if the tail lights turn on then that should not be it right? Also, I was trying to see if someone could explain why the front marker lights turn on when parking lights are activated but when I turn on the headlights they go off.

Thank you,
Angel

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,430 Posts
Changed Title

Angel....I changed the title on your thread.......So, it will be more likely to get some response.

Also, I was trying to see if someone could explain why the front marker lights turn on when parking lights are activated but when I turn on the headlights they go off. Thank you,
Angel

The parking lights are working as they are supposed to.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Your parking lights are working correctly. They go out when the headlights come on. The wiring can be changed at the light switch so they stay on with the headlights. As for your brake lights , check the molex connector which connects the rear wiring harness. Will be under the dash on the drivers side. Might have a bad connection there to the rear brake lights. Also check your taillights to make sure the housings are grounded good. A common problem. Jim

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Are the rear turn signals working? The brake lights go through the turn signal switch. The turn signal switch selects that the same bulb either blinks or stays on solid for the brake lights.
If the rear turn signals are working, check the white wire for power at the steering column connector. Link to turn signal connector. .... http://www.trifive.com/garage/56%20Chevy%20Assembly%20Manual/12-30.gif

·
Administrator
70,863 Posts
Are the rear turn signals working? The brake lights go through the turn signal switch. The turn signal switch selects that the same bulb either blinks or stays on solid for the brake lights.
If the rear turn signals are working, check the white wire for power at the steering column connector. Link to turn signal connector. .... http://www.trifive.com/garage/56%20Chevy%20Assembly%20Manual/12-30.gif
Just to add to the others do you have the correct bulbs in the tail lights (dual filament, two pin)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.