Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 57 was built in the Atlanta plant and has a production #of 102183. I would like to get an estimate around when the car rolled off the assembly line. Any help would be appriciated. :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information Ken, my car was the 202nd 2dr ht to roll out the plant. Also I would like to compliment you on your 55' and mailbox! James

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
TEXAS57 said:
Thanks for the information Ken, my car was the 202nd 2dr ht to roll out the plant.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike,
From all I have read the Fisher body tag # corresponds to each body style, 2dr ht, 4dr ht, etc.. they are non repeating numbers that began with #1 at each of the plants. Since my tag states that it was made in the Atlanta Fisher plant, the vehicle style is a 1037D, and the production sequence was 202, I am assuming that since my VIN # is so low it makes probable sense. The only flaw to my theory is that the Atlanta may have received bodies from other Fisher Plants but it doesn’t seem likely due to the distance from other plants. I sure was not alive back then so I could be wrong, can anyone else prove or debunk my theory? James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts