Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 526 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guy's, My name is James I have a 1957 nomad I have been trying to do a build but ran into some problems. I only have really one day a week I can work on this car!!!! So this will be a slow build!!!!!

This 57 is in really good shape as far as I know it's a AZ car.

So we backed it in and started.

started pulling everything apart.

and a few hours later the the body was off the chassis ( sorry guys I don't have any fancy lifts.

so the chassis is out and Put the body on a rotissere.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
!!! So this will be a slow build!!!!!
and a few hours later the the body was off the chassis ( sorry guys I don't have any fancy lifts.
[
Looks like you got a good start.
Lot slow Builds on here. Lost count of years I had to Build car. A lot of us have use same Lift you used. Good to have strong backs to help.
:anim_25:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hey James,
i followed your previous posts and was under the impression you don't have a frame. is this the case or do you still have your stock frame?
This was before the frame was stolen. Really this is where the story starts. I orderd my new frame today( Progressive Automotive) should be here in mid December. I ordered my wheels also today, that will take about 4 weeks
I will be putting in a E-rod LS3 motor in I have 4L80e transmission.
I orderd flate firewall with 4" recess from Hot rod Dynamics and the rain gear windshild wipper contoller (thanks Joe )

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Glad to see that you haven't just given up like a leeser being would do. You still have a killer body to work with and with all your "new" goodies, it should be one fine specimen of a Nomad. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was really bummed when my chassis got stolen. I really didn't want this build anymore. Reading about your guy's builds and just this web site!!! really got me back on track! So I just want to say

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got mine back to roadworthy after a four year hiatus. I had forgotten just how much fun driving these beauties is. It's not the fastest and it's not the pretiest but it mine.
thats a really nice car! you might not like mine after I paint it? It's going to be 94 chevy purple.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like you got a good start.
Lot slow Builds on here. Lost count of years I had to Build car. A lot of us have use same Lift you used. Good to have strong backs to help.
:anim_25:
They had no idea when they came over that day:)

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
James, the Nomad looks to be in a fantastic condition even before you start your mods. :anim_25:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi James, nice 1957 nomad :tu

What are the plans for this car ?

The car is in a good condition if a see the pic's

Greet from Holland :anim_25:

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Slow is OK.

I only have really one day a week I can work on this car!!!! So this will be a slow build!!!!!
It takes tools, time, talent, inclination, and money to keep a build going. The lack of any of these components stops the show.

You have an excellent start! Great car. :anim_25:

·
Registered
68,209 Posts
hi james. that nomad looked great before you took it apart. gotta ask, why? :stupido2: .......................glad your back out it and :anim_25: :tu.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
If it looks as good when you are finished as it did before you started it wil be fantastic.......:congrats:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
608 Posts
I know a one piece frame is nice to have but to steal it froms someone is a little over the top . nice looking car , I will be watching the build

Ken

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
I was really bummed when my chassis got stolen. I really didn't want this build anymore. Reading about your guy's builds and just this web site!!! really got me back on track! So I just want to say THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!
Man, that had to be a bummer for sure, don't you wish you could catch those idiots.... I hate a thief, I have security camera's all around my shop... an if someone ever takes anything from me, I have a mind not to call the police... I like to track'em down myself... anyway, best of luck with it and glad you're back on track, I got my new frame for my HT from StreetRodGarage. BDR...:cool:

1 - 20 of 526 Posts