Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have trunk gasket for my 56 210 ordered from Danchuck, came with “instructions” which are not helpful for install. Confusing! Really need to get this right. Can a 56 owner out there send picture of gasket correctly installed? Thanks.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,411 Posts
Attached a couple of articles describing proper installation

Attachments

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
The weatherstrip needs to be installed so the lip points out from the trunk opening and seals water from coming in. Before applying any adhesive take the end of the weatherstrip material and test fit it into the edge of the trunk opening.
This video should help:

·
Registered
35,565 Posts
Be advised that the Danchuk weatherstrip is a bit hard and may make your trunk lid hard to close, though it usually takes a set over time and becomes easier. Soffseal may be a better choice. There are others that may be soft also.

Also, the 55-56 trunk weatherstrip has a solid cross section, where the 57 seal is hollow inside. So using a 57 seal on a 55-56 helps with this problem too. The 57 seal has pins that push into holes in the trunk lid. For a 55-56 simply remove them with a pair of pliers, very easy to do.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,411 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I replaced my original on my 55 with the Danchuk last winter and had no issues. Don't shortchange the prep work of getting the old adhesive off. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts