Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 57 sat in the garage for a long time. Today I started it up and backed it out of the garage! I needed to clean out the garage, and want to get back to working on the car. What a thrill to see it in the sunshine! It's a rust bucket, but it's mine! Now I have to get back to working on it and get it on the road.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,405 Posts
Mike....Know what you mean.....I finally got so tired of waiting for mine to be finished, I bought this 5K more door to drive....Not too bad a car for the money....Love it, love it! :):tu

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I'm still a couple years away, but I did get it running earlier this year. I had to put the engine back in to try it, then I had to put the driveshaft back in to make sure the transmission and differential worked . . . :happy0030: There's no front end on the car, just the engine and no interior in the car, just a wheel to sit on, but I did back it outside to clean up the floor! (and take a picture of it) I did what I went to school for, getting the car running after 8 years or so, now I need a bodyman to show me what he learned.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Being from the older crowd, ( more time to acquire junk) I have a 55 to drive while Im working on the 57.
Last week I put the new fuel tank and sending unit in, and yesterday actually put in 5 gallons of gas.(to check for leaks) After finding no leaks I'm ready to see what will happen when I turn the key:happy0030:

·
Registered
67,447 Posts
good to hear mike. keep the updates coming. :five:

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Just have Fun !!!

My 57 sat in the garage for a long time. Today I started it up and backed it out of the garage! I needed to clean out the garage, and want to get back to working on the car. What a thrill to see it in the sunshine! It's a rust bucket, but it's mine! Now I have to get back to working on it and get it on the road.
Hey if it started, you're half way there, get that body work done and let's see some pics... best of luck to you and have FUN...:D :tu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts