Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, pulled the engine in the Bel Air today. It doesn't need rebuilt or anything, but I want to sell the TH350 behind it and put it back in with the Muncie M20 I have.

I was amazed by how easy pulling the engine was. SO much easier than the Camaro I used to have. Of course, without a power steering pump, AC compressor, or any transmission things to disconnect (The previous owner never actually completed the install) there was a lot less extra labor. But what made it easiest was that I removed the radiator and the panel behind it, and the engine came almost straight out!

So, now I have a Bel Air sans any wiring from the instrument panel to the headlights, and a huge void where an engine used to be! Feels almost as though I am going backwards, lol.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hey v8 I am going to pull the motor out of my 57. Last week I pulled the hood, fenders, radiator, wiring and my wife came home and said holy%""#* can you put it back together. I looked at her and said ,:rolleyes: I hope so?

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
That going backwards feel is one i seem to be getting used to. Every time i put one thing on it feels like i have to remove 2 more pieces. One of these days (hopefully before long) i won`t be pulling pieces back off. Have fun with the project.
Terry

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hey Punk!
Now's the time to clean up the engine bay! Plug weld all the holes, hide all the wiring, replace all the brake and fuel tubing with stainless and AN fittings and, and........Sorry......I got carried away. Backwards equals forwards to me! I'm messed up like that! Have fun with your classic!!!!

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts