Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought this 3 weeks ago & looked like it came out of a swamp :sign0020:
I should of took some B4 pics & its not a tri5 :sign0020: but for the price I could'nt pass it up.
I had to install ball joints, brakes, clutch & rear main seal (got oil on clutch & started to slip badly) missed a big cruise but made it to another one :)
rebuilt the carb. & basic tune up (only by ear because I misplaced my tach/dwell meter. I went thru 3 master cylinders & the 4th one was good
Did alot of polishing & waxing to bring it back to a good gloss.
It had mold & algae on her along with mud & crud. The seats had doule stick tape on them & what a mess.
The top comes off but I've not tried to remove it yet. At least this will keep me happy while I'm workin on my 57.

The wire wheels need a good cleaning gonna try to find some molasses to remove the rust.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
nice kit car, by the way Brazilian and Mexican master cylinders are junk. What year frame and what motor?

Just set the points with a feeler gauge, and set the timing by lining up the marks with the engine off. You shouldn't need a dwell meter.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, its a 1972 motor & frame vw 60+ HP. (It was hopped up a little lol)
All chromed out on the motor, but removing the rust from the wire wheels going to be a little trouble.(wires are off in pics) I will take some B4 pics & after pics of the wire wheels & center caps.

·
Registered
67,353 Posts
congrats and have fun with it tom. :five: very cool and different. :party0031:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts