Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BBC BUILD.
I'M USING .050 LASH CAPS.

OK, CAM DEGREED, P/V CLEARANCE DONE RELIEFS CUT.NOW I'M INTO MEASUREING PUSHROD LENGTHS.
INTAKES MEASURED OUT TO 8.550 NO PROBLEM THERE.

I'M HAVING A ISSUE WITH THE EXH. I'M MEASURING THEN OUT TO BE 9.281. I CAN'T FIND WHERE I CAN BUY THIS LENGTH.
BUT I SEE I CAN GET A 9.300, AND THEN RECHECK, IF TOO LONG, CAN I THEN TAKE OFF .019 OFF THE LASH CAP TO BRING IT IN?

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
15,014 Posts
comp cams #7923 9.300 long and go with the comp #62 .080 lash cap. i assume you are running 3/8 stem valves. if 11/32 the #621. good luck.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are you measuring to determine what you need?

Seems to me that .020" too long is not a problem.
I'M USING A ADJUSTABLE PUSHROD WITH CHECKER SPRINGS, LASH CAPS, MARKED THE TOP OF LASH CAP AND TURNED IT OVER TO SEE WHERE THE ROLLER IS SITTING ON TOP OF VALVE.
IT MEASURES 9.281.

SO IF I USE THE 9.300 WHICH IS .019 LONGER, YOU ARE SAYING THAT WOULD BE OK?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well lengthen your checker pushrod .019" and see what it looks like to you.

There is a reason that pushrods are sold in .050" length increments. They don't need to be closer than that.
YOU KNOW THAT IS A GREAT IDEA.THERE WAS A TIME I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TO DO THAT.I'M GETTING SO PISSED OFF AT MYSELF LATELY, I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO REMEMBER AND THINK CLEARLY ANYMORE.

BACK TO THE GARAGE FOR MORE MEASURING.I'LL LET YA KNOW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.