Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
66,988 Posts
Interesting to hear what others do for winter storage, haven't had anybody mention what they do with their battery, mine is on a battery tender what are others doing.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Interesting to hear what others do for winter storage, haven't had anybody mention what they do with their battery, mine is on a battery tender what are others doing.
As I mentioned above, I put mine on small trickle chargers or battery tenders every winter. Even if I might drive occasionally the battery being kept up helps it during very cold temperatures.
With today's gasoline having ethanol in it, unless you pay for clear gas, or somehow afford the expensive non ethanol gas, you really should use a stabilizer during the winter non driving months that is especially designed to keep the ethanol from damaging your fuel system.
I use Lucas Oil Safeguard ethanol treatment. It's very concentrated, and doesn't take much to work. I mix it in the tank, and then run the car for about 15 minutes to ensure it gets completely through the system.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Change oil, add stabil, fill tank, drive it for 20 minutes, remove battery and put on wooden shelf. No tender.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts