Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put Barrs block and headgasket sealer in the radiator of my once in a while driver today. Going to see if it at least it stops the problem with my Northstar engine. I know, there is no such thing as a fix in a bottle, but the alternative is junking the car, or, not in this lifetime, getting the problem repaired. Not in my budget. I saw a youtube video on making the repair. Lot of work. All the bolt holes need drilled out and tapped and new parts installed. Even need a $500 kit to do the job plus dropping the engine.The many reviews I read has some saying it worked and others it did not. Damn shame as the body does not have one bit of rust on it. No rust under the body. For a 99 Eldorado, it looks like new. Had the common symptoms. Heater blowing cool. Adding water to the coolant overflow frequently. Overheating on the freeway but not in the city. :sad0049:

·
Registered
67,768 Posts
hope that works max. :tu

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Sorry to hear that Max. I have a friend who worked for one of those "extra insurance" auto repair policy places. He told me never ever buy a Cadillac with the Northstar engine. Tons of claims. The insurance company went broke. He retired. I wonder how many people they left empty handed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts