Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a thought; How would I find out where everything goes when I'm ready to put it all back together? Some things particularly like inside the engine compartment. When these parts are bought do they come with diagrams and such?

When I was taking everything off I kept all the nuts and bolts that weren't sheard off from being rusted, but that confuses me now because all these different parts have different nut and bolts. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I know it's a little late now but I put the bolts for the fenders back into the holes I removed them from as I disassembled it. I have severe CRS (can't remember s--t) so that was my disassembly trick. Now I have to remember where the fenders are.
Dave

·
Registered
181 Posts
Something that might help

Something that may help you is the Assembly Manuals on this site. You can find them posted in the forums under 55-56-57 Chevy Factory Specs. There are views of how pieces are put together there with the size and shape of the screws and bolt pictured. When you open a page and put your cursor on the diagram, in the lower right hand corner of the document a little icon will appear (won't appear unless your cursor is on diagram). Click on that icon and you will get a much larger view of the diagram. If you want to print out the diagram, right click on it and a little window will pop up with some options for you. You can click on "Print Picture" to print that diagram right away or "save picture as" to download the diagram to your computer for later use ( just remember where you put the file) or click on "email picture" email it to yourself and you can look at the diagram anytime by opening your email and opening that message up. Hope this helps.

Steve from Arkansas

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
chevman57 said:
My trick is to have a parts car sitting there so when you can`t figure it out you can go look at another car.
Terry
Love that suggestion!!!! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts