Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on my 55 today and noticed the tac and volt gauge and temp gauge quit working, but they worked yesterday. all I done was hook up the lighter ground to the same place that the tac is ground to and now the lighter works but the other things don't. Any ideals?
:p3:

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Can you reverse what you did and get the gauges back working, I would try that first. And when you say lighter ground, I don't remember a ground for the lighter, just the hot wire hooked up to it, but I may be wrong on that point.

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the reverse thing but it did not work. My lighter would not work till I grounded it. It has to prongs at the end of it so I thought it needed grounded. I un hooked it all and still nothing. I am going to pull the cluster out Friday and see if I pulled a wire loose. Thank you. anything you can thnik of will be greatly appreciated. :shakehands:

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes zbad I did check the fuses but all was good.
Don I will check that Friday. But it has a after market wiring kit. But it is wired into all the stock stuff and that is where I was working so it could be that I pulled that wire loos. Thanks guys I will let yall know what I find on Friday. mean while if you think of anything else holler at me. :shakehands:

·
Administrator
66,151 Posts
Just a thought make sure you do actually have grounds connected, you should be able to run a loose strapper and check for either a ground or a positive at the gauges to see what`s missing

·
Premium Member
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for every ones help, I pulled the gauge cluster this morning and did find that I had knocked a wire off the ignition switch, So all is good now. :shakehands: :) :) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts