Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started putting exterior stainless on my 57 chevy hardtop today. After installing the quarter trim, we found that if we flushed the long lower quarter trim with the rear surface of the quarter panel it left a gap of approximately 1/4 inch at the door. Is this normal ? The rest of the trim fit well. Have only done one side, we stopped for the day until we could get input. Would appreciate your help and advice.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Control point

Started putting exterior stainless on my 57 chevy hardtop today. After installing the quarter trim, we found that if we flushed the long lower quarter trim with the rear surface of the quarter panel it left a gap of approximately 1/4 inch at the door. Is this normal ? The rest of the trim fit well. Have only done one side, we stopped for the day until we could get input. Would appreciate your help and advice.
Byron, I just finished installing my stainless. The long lower one on my rear quarter has about a 1/8" gap at the door and is just shy of being flush in the rear. The 2-pc upper rear quarter piece uses the splice as a control point so you can't mess up. I checked out a few 57's at a car show last week and all of them had minor gaps at the door so either they were made that way or we're all rookies!:) JIM.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
The upper stainless can be moved back so it is flush with the tail fin.

The long lower stainless may be a problem as some do not set flush at the door jamb and the tail fin at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts