Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy both quarter panels (full) for my 57 vert. I was lookin on ebay and saw tamraz auto parts will ship both sides for 1400.00 plus about 30.00 for washington residents. Danchuck sells them for sround 250.00+ more. I believe they both cone from goldenstar, has anyone used tamraz metal parts? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy both quarter panels (full) for my 57 vert. I was lookin on ebay and saw tamraz auto parts will ship both sides for 1400.00 plus about 30.00 for washington residents. Danchuck sells them for sround 250.00+ more. I believe they both cone from goldenstar, has anyone used tamraz metal parts? Any help is appreciated.
Check out Restoration World also.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Some here swear by the Gold Star restoration tin. They say the fit is better than American parts. Look for EDP coating, they are the only one's that electroplate their parts. BTW: Tameraz sells Gold Star.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So is edp coating good? I bought floors from danchuck and they were edp coated. I need to buy trunk floors too.
I guess the cheapest route ain't always the best route...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
So is edp coating good?
Depends on who you ask. Some people say remove it, some swear its the best stuff in the world.

If it was me I would scuff the panels then apply two coats of epoxy. The next guy will tell you to remove it then apply epoxy and the next guy will say you only need to use the edp coating because it rocks and will last for every!! Take your pick.

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
Regardless of what you think about leaving the EDP on, it keeps your panels from rusting before you get them.

Sherman panels are bare metal. Maybe with a bit of cosmolene on them. They can surface rust, but they generally don't do that very fast.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Only issue with the quarters I got from Rest World was the taillight pocket (it's a 57) came out to narrowbut was easy to widen, about 1/4" or less. I buy all my sheetmetal (and that's much of the car) from Rest World.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The Golden star quarters are weld thru primer. I just installed a pass. side fit very well. Their other parts are EDP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts