Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The quarter windows on my 55 2-door sedan were all botched in when i bought the car and I'm putting them back to working order.
Slowly figuring out how it all goes together but am having difficulty working out where these "stops" (part no. 36-295 from Ecklers) go. I have the tech articles from Viper but still no clue as to where these parts fit.
I know it's probably simple, but it's only simple when you know.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
They go in the front track of the quarter glass where the roller go. It stop the glass from going down all the way.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Just put mine in last week. The narrow flat part, bottom of the "L" (not the little centering tab) is supposed to be rubber coated, to cushion the contact of the glass channel. Mine still had 53-year-old rubber on it, crumbled like charcoal when I touched it. Don't know if they offer replacements for it. If you're creative you can come up with a suitable substitute. Or just not use any, but it might rattle when the windows' down.

Tim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh The Rubber Bits?

Got the rear windows completed last weekend.
Yes the "stops" just sit into the roller track and prevent the window from rolling too far down.
What had me puzzled was that the original bolts were too long and the stop would not secure in the channel. Solution; just shorten (hacksaw) the bolts and all is well.
But why do they supply them with the wrong sized bolts??

Cactus 55

1 - 4 of 4 Posts