Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi fellers i had a guy from aust message me on a facebook page asking if i would sell him my 57 4dr 210 sedan. he says 57s are getting hard to find, my question, is this true? i thought most Australian tri fives were 4drs with 6 cylinders.
thanks
jeff

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Dean
maybe i should go ahead and give him a price or just go ahead and list it then.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Jeff

As Dean said. The original Aussie built cars are hard to find. Lots of imports in recent years and those imports include a lot of 4 doors.

Ask him if he is aware of the asbestos issue here now. Import of asbestos was banned years ago and Customs have recently started to get heavy on old cars where asbestos may be lurking. Any importer now must sign off as to no asbestos in the car. Customs are doing spot checks and there are some horror stories of cars being pulled apart. And that is only the start of it if any trace of asbestos is found. I don't know your car but are you sure that any asbestos has been removed? Not only in brake linings/pads and exhaust gaskets, but anywhere else it could have been used in the original build. Any receipts you have for recent work and parts will help him make that declaration that there is no asbestos in the car.

Cheers, Des

·
Administrator
63,445 Posts
There was an original survivor for sale on Ebay recently, black 210 with red leather interior, I think by memory the seller wanted big bucks, don't think it sold.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys i think i will go ahead and list it on ebay and offer as much help as i can do on my end with shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.