Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you pros,........... using to mix up your body filler[bondo] on? I used wall paneling, cut up in squares in the 70s,cardboard,. marson paper sheets pad.Maybe you have A mixing pad you are partial too? Maybe
buying A plastic board ?? what thanks ? all bob s:bowtieb:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I buy a board at the paint store that has a tablet of tear-off pages. No clean-up. just tear off the sheet and throw it away.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
I buy a board at the paint store that has a tablet of tear-off pages. No clean-up. just tear off the sheet and throw it away.
DITTO, has a nice thumb hole for better control. Cardboard boxes work well also.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I use a 12"X12" pc of 14ga with a tin pull handle welded to the underside, look kinda like a drywall mud board. Works great! Jim

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
DITTO, has a nice thumb hole for better control. Cardboard boxes work well also.
When I forgot to clean the toylet lid or cant fid it, empty 30 pack cardboard is slick and works well. I also use a piece of the orginal hood of my 56, its been around almost 40 years in this capacity.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
12x12 sheet of 1/8 inch hard plastic don't remember where it came from but cleans easy with lacquer thinner.

Later,
Kev

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I use a piece of 3/8" thick plexiglass, about 8"x12"

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use a piece of 3/8" thick plexiglass, about 8"x12"
What A great forum ...with guys like this around, in this thread. Anyone should be able to build a 55-57 or whatever.THANK YOU ALL! IDEAS Are what i asked for ..and thats what i got!:rock: cheers bob s

·
Premium Member
379 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
an old thin plastic cutting board from the kitchen work well and when you have to clean up, flex it and all the mud pops off.

·
Premium Member
14,040 Posts
I use the stiff papaer plates. just toss when done.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I'm another plexi-glass fan.....have always used this as a mixing board....I cut a thumb hole out the one side....last for a long time...easy clean-up with lacquer thinner. Also......I put the spreaders, (if you are using the older plastic type) in a container standing up for a while, then wipe off the softened filler and wipe clean. I have seen some of the cheaper/newer spreaders melt in the lacquer thinner if left too long!!
Lacquer thinner can be nasty....I used to know a refrigerator repair man who would cut up broken pieces of the inside plastic in your fridge....put them in a can and cover with lacquer thinner.....after it all melted together, (it turns into a thick gluey substance) he would use it to apply to cracks in the plastic lining to fuse it all together....instead of the ever-popular Duct-tape!!:sign0020: A winter project for your old fridge in your garage guys.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
an old thin plastic cutting board from the kitchen work well and when you have to clean up, flex it and all the mud pops off.
Then put it back in the cupboard.....she'll never know!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts