Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The very bottom of my radiator has a circular indentation, which is dripping pretty bad. Is there supposed to be a plug or something? Its in the very center of the bottom of my factory original radiator

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Since your adding A/C to your car, I would suggest a more efficient radiator at this time. If it's original, the tank is probably paper thin.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would an aluminum factory style one do the trick? Also, is there a way to fix this perhaps without buying a new radiator?

·
Administrator
68,028 Posts
No plug in the middle.
On the front of the radiator there should be a tap on the pass side. On the rear if you have auto transmission there is two lines on the left & right hand side of the bottom tank.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oooo boy, alright so its probably a full on leak of some sort. The dent is so perfect and centered though, it seems like its supposed to be there. what could i use to seal it up?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i have those notches on the very bottom on the sides of the radiator, but my hole is on the very bottom of the radiator, lined up with that center notch

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
oooo boy, alright so its probably a full on leak of some sort. The dent is so perfect and centered though, it seems like its supposed to be there. what could i use to seal it up?

If you insist on fixing the leak, simply take it out, clean up the leak area & solder it.

ken 57bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,451 Posts

If you insist on fixing the leak, simply take it out, clean up the leak area & solder it.

ken 57bowtie-trifive
If you solder it, get some good liquid flux.

·
Premium Member
16,182 Posts
Don't waste your time especially since you are installing A/C. Get a new stock style aluminum radiator and call it a day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts