Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Its time to replace my radiator, and i was wondering if anyone could help me with recommendations. I need a radiator for a 57 chevy 235 6yl. Would like to keep the price reasonable, and was wondering if anyone could point me to a good radiator, at a good price. thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
19,669 Posts
Hey everyone,
Its time to replace my radiator, and i was wondering if anyone could help me with recommendations. I need a radiator for a 57 chevy 235 6yl. Would like to keep the price reasonable, and was wondering if anyone could point me to a good radiator, at a good price. thanks a lot!
Bryan

bet u get lots of thoughts and ideas on your questions, do a quick search here @ tri-5 and u will come up with lots of threads on radiators.
once u decide, tak a peek at our sponsors right here @ tri-5.com.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hey everyone,
what's wrong with the original? Only asking because they can be repaired

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what's wrong with the original? Only asking because they can be repaired
Hi,
the original is very rusted, and most likely has a lot of rust inside as well, as there is bubbling and cracking in the outer shell of it. I took it to a radiator shop here in town, and he said that they could clean it up, but that I am better of buying a new one. I will try to take some pictures of it, but it is definitely in rough shape.
Bryan

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,493 Posts
radiators

Lots of inexpensive aluminum radiators out there, and they all seem to work just fine from what I can tell, especially if your engine is stock. Just remember that the 57 is unique to 55 and 56. They all fit but you have hood reinforcement issues is you use a 55 or 56 on a 57.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.