Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be needing to put a radiator in my truck before winter so I can get some anti-freeze in there. I would like to go with original, but don't know how available or pricey one would be. My question is there a radiator out of a newer vehicle that would work easily? I have access to one of the nation biggest salvage companies so I could possibly find one from a newer vehicle. Oh, and it's for a `56 3200 with a 235. Thanks you guys have been a huge help aleady and I'm just getting started.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had similar issues finding a used or recore for a 57 and we ended up contacting "Wizard Radiator" in West Falls NY. They were able to construct a complete aluminum radiator, with a new aluminum bracket that bolted right up to the factory holes, we even had them do an aluminum overflow. Awesome work but a little pricey.

·
Registered
483 Posts
LMC Truck lists a direct replacement for just under 300 - count vouch for it, but when I realized how heat distorted (and thus distracting) mine is I started jones'ing for a new one. the alum seems prettier over time (would be nice if disguisable as a stocker).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts