Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear speaker was missing when i got my car. It has the rear speaker switch. My first question is if the front speaker has a transformer on it does the rear need to have it also? Also does any one sell the hardware to bolt the rear speaker and cover in place? Does the speaker cover go on top of the rear package tray (package tray is not in car interior guy is installing in dec. so i didn't know if its perforated? Does it get painted black or package tray cover color? Sorry for all the questions just didn't want to make a bunch of post.thanks

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,692 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Original colour for cover is satin black. But they look good chromed – I think they are available repro in this option. Otherwise, many colour them to match interior.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The rear speaker does not have a transformer.
Out of the box the cover was grey.
However, some dealers would paint them to match the color of the car.
The cover goes on top of the package tray.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Are you sure? Do you mean grey painted, or grey natural?

I remember researching this for myself a while back and came to the conclusion that the standard colour was black. Hmmm.

Yep, I know many were painted to match the parcel shelf – which, in a way, makes that an original option as well.

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
The rear speaker does not have a transformer.
However, some dealers would paint them to match the color of the car.
The cover goes on top of the package tray.
The rear speaker does not have the transformer.

Heres a pic of mine, the frame was painted body color to match the parcel shelf, the inner grill is black.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Mine was painted the same color as the pasteboard package tray (black) :tu
Cowboy :flag6:

:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts