Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just thought I share a problem that I had and resolved. A few weeks ago I heard some static in my radio (CD Playing) and then no sound. Checked all the wiring and everything looked fine. Next day turn on the radio and it works I have sound, this only lasted a couple of days then back to no sound.

So since my stereo is about 14 years old decided to upgrade to a new model with more features as a USB port and aux for my phone. So yesterday I get it all wired in and turn the unit on and I see a message scrolling that says miswired check wiring and reset unit. OK so I know I wired it correctly I reset the unit and no go same message. So I check the trouble shooting guide and it makes a reference to the speaker wiring the issue. So as a process of elimination I find that I had a bad speaker that must have had a short, no I know why my other radio quit working.

I thought that was pretty cool that the radio diagnosed my electrical problem with my speakers, so picked up some new speakers and the new stereo works like a charm.

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
that is good "to hear" you fixed it.:tu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts