Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoping for some help from you guys. I put a jvc cd playey in a console that i made and mounted 2 speakers in the console and 2 more speakers in the rear. everything is hooked up and works fine.....until the car starts moving. the voltage drops and the radio cuts in and out. I have a 1 wire alternator and a new wiring harness that i bought at summit. the wiring hrness had labeled wires for radio and they are what i used. i have tried moving the ground with no luck and tried pulling power from the gauge power wire and have the same problem. please let me know what other info you might need or if you need any pictures

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
everything is hooked up and works fine.....until the car starts moving. the voltage drops and the radio cuts in and out. I have a 1 wire alternator and a new wiring harness that i bought at summit.
Where are you measureing the "voltage drop" and what does it drop from and to? The voltage should go up when the car starts moving (alternator spinning faster). Do you have electric fan coming on at that time? It sounds like you may have a bad connection someplace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts