·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where and how does the power supply mount under the dash 57 chevy

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
As I recall it's two bolts, they come thru the bottom of the dash (should have pre-drilled holes visible, match your power supply bolt locations to dash), it mounts under/behind the dash to the right of the clock

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I recall it's two bolts, they come thru the bottom of the dash (should have pre-drilled holes visible, match your power supply bolt locations to dash), it mounts under/behind the dash to the right of the clock
thanks

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
8,830 Posts
Look closely at the bottom of the dash and you can see the 2 bolt heads. 7/16 head coarse thread.

Mikey

Attachments

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
48,657 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look closely at the bottom of the dash and you can see the 2 bolt heads. 7/16 head coarse thread.

Mikey
yep one of the holes was closed over have to drill a new one . just metal to metal mikey no rubber washer or anything

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
8,830 Posts
Factory didn't use any. Maybe a very small flat washer on the painted dash side will help to reduce paint damage from tightening them. I think the factory used a locking washer and that was all.

Mikey

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Factory didn't use any. Maybe a very small flat washer on the painted dash side will help to reduce paint damage from tightening them. I think the factory used a locking washer and that was all.

Mikey
thank you

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
48,657 Posts
According to the book, the speaker wire plugs in to a terminal on the transformer.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have that two prong connector from speaker so what wire goes where on power pack

·
Registered
136 Posts
The original factory speaker would have had one wire. The other speaker terminal was soldered to the speaker frame, which was grounded to the car body with the mounting screws when it was installed in the dash. You could be use either wire to attach to the output transformer on the power supply and ground the other wire. Your speaker should be the kind without the transformer mounted to it. That type of speaker was used with the radio using an output transistor and no power supply. Doc

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The original factory speaker would have had one wire. The other speaker terminal was soldered to the speaker frame, which was grounded to the car body with the mounting screws when it was installed in the dash. You could be use either wire to attach to the output transformer on the power supply and ground the other wire. Your speaker should be the kind without the transformer mounted to it. That type of speaker was used with the radio using an output transistor and no power supply. Doc
the radio is a wonderbar i was told i need the speaker with the relay on it it is a new speaker should i just change it or cut out the relay . the transformer on the power pack is the spade just hook the one wire to it and ground the other .
thanks for your help
dean

·
Registered
136 Posts
the radio is a wonderbar i was told i need the speaker with the relay on it it is a new speaker should i just change it or cut out the relay . the transformer on the power pack is the spade just hook the one wire to it and ground the other .
thanks for your help
dean
Hi Dean, you can use the speaker you already have, with the transformer (I believe you referred to it as a relay) mounted on it. You have to disconnect the transformer on the speaker from the speaker terminals so it is no longer in the electrical circuit. It seems that the speaker itself is identical to the non-mounted transformer version, only difference is the transformer and the cost.
The manual tune, wonderbar, and pushbutton with the separate power supply all used a plain speaker. The pushbutton with the transistor used the transformer-mounted speaker. Good luck with the radio. Doc

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Dean, you can use the speaker you already have, with the transformer (I believe you referred to it as a relay) mounted on it. You have to disconnect the transformer on the speaker from the speaker terminals so it is no longer in the electrical circuit. It seems that the speaker itself is identical to the non-mounted transformer version, only difference is the transformer and the cost.
The manual tune, wonderbar, and pushbutton with the separate power supply all used a plain speaker. The pushbutton with the transistor used the transformer-mounted speaker. Good luck with the radio. Doc
thanks for your help
dean

1 - 16 of 16 Posts