Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pushbutton 12v radio for 55-56 it has power connectio on left side as i look at front of radio and another connection wire on right side with a three prong plug, and a seems to be hot lead, am i missing something as tubes lite but get nothing out of speakers, i was told that radio might need additional amplifier, any thoughts or help

thx

don

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Don, the part you describe is the tuner portion. Behind the clock there should be an amplifier and speaker. The cable with three prongs plugs into the amp.. Any chance the amp is there? Unless your looking for it, you may not know it's there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
1955-56 Pushbutton Radio

chevy said:
i have a pushbutton 12v radio for 55-56 it has power connectio on left side as i look at front of radio and another connection wire on right side with a three prong plug, and a seems to be hot lead, am i missing something as tubes lite but get nothing out of speakers, i was told that radio might need additional amplifier, any thoughts or help

thx
Hi Don
It take a power supply and I have one if you are interested. Asking price is $75 plus shipping.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all

thx i decided to order a radio from jc whitney fits dash without modification

thx all for your help

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, does anyone know where i can get my original radio for my 57 redone to pickup fm, but still keep its original look? i would prefer it have a 4-channel setup. also i dont want to hav to mod dash, cause dash is sooo nice, that's not even being thought about. thanx guys, Mike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanx man.:)
I still cant find reasonable priced fender, btw got old fender off, any ideas about how long it takes for 2 people to get a drivers front fender off that have never done it before on anything older than a 69? try 2.5 hours of straight working, no breaks, and wut kind of screws are those around headlight bracket and on side of hood, they look to use a bit shaped like an hour-glass, cant find anything like that at any parts store, so i took a star bit and ground it done to fit. Later, and thanx. -Mike

:confused:
Hey, does a 57 chevy hav the separate amp and tuner, or is tuner and amp one piece? Thx, Mike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts