Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wired the raingear system today in my 57 and wanted to make sure it works before moving on with other things. I rigged up some "dummy" wipers so I wouldn't scratch paint as suggested. I set them straight up. When they run, they go down to where park position should be and then straight up and do not go to the outside of the windshield at all . I made sure to position passenger side to move in 10-2 o clock direction so it's not that. So what did I do wrong? I'll call Raingear Monday unless you guys can come through for me. :)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Mine did the same thing. The instructions show how to adjust stroke on the motor. Mine was set incorrectly from the factory. After a 5 minute adjustment, it worked correctly... As I recall the instructions had a picture showing alignment of the arms, etc on the motor. You just loosen the bolt they show and align the pivot points straight in line, retighten and all was good.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I did see that in the instructions, but didn't want to mess with that unless I had to. I will look at that again and check the alignment.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I just put Raingear in my 55. Easy install. Remove the speedo cluster it'll make your job much easier. Put the stud in place of the bolt that connects the brace you'll remove, it was difficult to hold the motor in there and try to thread the bolt. Putting the stud in was much easier. That part is not really clear in the instructions. I have not run mine yet as I'm still cleaning up the entire wiring on mine, not just the wipers.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up removing the left assembly and called Larry at Rain gear. He said the factory in Oregon made 14000 without setting park position properly, so they had to fix them. Some got missed. Guess what, he said mine was number 15. He told me how to fix it, so I did, reinstalled and am good to go. if any of you install these things, before you do check figure 3 of the instructions and check the alignment. It will save you headaches later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts