Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having problems with the raingear set-up.I installed one in my 55 sedan,wired the car tested the system and it worked great.Last weekend we went to a show a couple of hundred miles away and it started to rain and I just thought no problem ,just turn on my new wipers and let it rain.When I did turn them on there was nothing,checked the fuse,have power going to the motor,checked the plug,double checked the ground and it seemed o.k. .Any thoughts on what to check on next?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Anybody having problems with the raingear set-up.I installed one in my 55 sedan,wired the car tested the system and it worked great.Last weekend we went to a show a couple of hundred miles away and it started to rain and I just thought no problem ,just turn on my new wipers and let it rain.When I did turn them on there was nothing,checked the fuse,have power going to the motor,checked the plug,double checked the ground and it seemed o.k. .Any thoughts on what to check on next?
On page ten

http://www.pacificwesterndesign.com/pdf/RainGear_instructions_55-56_Chevy_car.pdf

there are two black wires for intermittent wipers.
One from the switch and the other from the motor.
Are both of them grounded?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did check the grounds and called rain gear,they ran me through a test,switching wires around,and they figured out it's the switch.Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts