Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aaron.....With all the interest in building retro gasser-style Trifives nowadays, are there any plans/interest at your end at developing a spindle that raises the front end.....So, the job can be accomplished safely.

Something like this

Instead of this:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Dave, howya doin'? Danny Newman with the stainless polishing business in the Tampa area used to have a set of the raised spindles on his '57 hardtop. He sold them to either Dan Howell or Denny Williams when they were in business as Late Great, so don't know if they still have them or have intentions of reproducing them.

·
50,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Long time, no see Burt.....Have already made reservations for this years CCI Winternationals in Orlando....We'll have to put together another TriFive get-together.....Hope to see you andyour wife there. :)

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Wow, it all goes in circles! I remember having raised spindles on my '66 Olds 442. Sitting real high with those Mickey Thompsons at the rear riding on those 10" Ansens.

Incredible how things go out of style, just to come back in style!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I have already done the Taller spring lift but build me a better mouse trap and I will buy it! Count me in for a set! I know there are a lot of people on the fence that would come over to the gasser route if they could raise them safly and with a decent ride and for a decent price.

·
Registered
499 Posts
There is no plans on creating one guys sorry. There are companys that make a straight axle conversion. Dont know off hand who but a google search should help.

·
50,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is no plans on creating one guys sorry. There are companys that make a straight axle conversion. Dont know off hand who but a google search should help.
Aaron....I think you're missing the boat on this one.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can make them. mine raised my 55 ,41/2" while maintaining stock frontend position which retains stock wheel alignment .How much would you all pay for a set.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had a set on my 57 similar to those back in the day. It put my wheels out about 1.5 inches on each side and was very hard on the lower ball joints. I was replacing the lowers fairly regular.

·
Registered
627 Posts
look at my garage and you can see how much 4 1/2 " looks from the fender to the tire. Right now my car is at the body shop getting the rear quarters radiused.when I get it back I will take some pics of the raised spindles.

·
Registered
36,125 Posts
My thought is that this is a small market relative to the dropped spindle market. So there's not really incentive to tool up and produce steel castings, which requires a lot of homework and development time, as well as an investment in casting molds that obviously requires a certain volume of parts sold to pay for. Obviously CPP seems to think the same way.

So that leaves other ways. Be sure to evaluate the safety aspects of those if you want to go that way. Those C spacers are not the answer, at least the way the examples I've seen are done.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts