Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
55 Chevy.. What's the most cost effective way to raise the front end @ 3". (w/stock spindles). Do the Aluminum spacers on E-Bay work? Do I need the ball joint extenders in conjunction with these? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
55 Chevy.. What's the most cost effective way to raise the front end @ 3". (w/stock spindles). Do the Aluminum spacers on E-Bay work? Do I need the ball joint extenders in conjunction with these? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

:)
Ball joint spacers, taller springs, shock extentions
and a front end alignment will run you about $280.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok.... I got confused. I saw these thick donut looking solid aluminum coil spring spacers. They say it raises car @ 3". Looks like actual spring replacement is better way to go.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ok.... I got confused. I saw these thick donut looking solid aluminum coil spring spacers. They say it raises car @ 3". Looks like actual spring replacement is better way to go.

Hi getrich55
You are correct. the ball joint spacers don't raise the
front end the springs do.
Heres a pic I hope this helps and please excuse my dust
I took this pic just after I was doing some body work.
Now thats a dusty job.:eek:
btw. the shock is just laying inside the spring not installed at top.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
The Coil Spacers ypu are referring to slip between the coil and the frame and give you the extra 3 inches of lift. They allow the use of a stock coil spring. Without that spacer to get the front end any higher than stock you ned the Ball joint spacer, A Taller Coil Spring , a shock extension to make up the new lngthneeded.
Even with the Coil Spring Spacer I think to get the Gemotry Right you will still need the Ball Joint Spacers and the Shock Extension. So the only diference is the Entension gives your stock coils 3 extra inches of lift or with out the Extension you need a 3 inch taller Coil Spring. Hope this helps!

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,391 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to confess I went into the "Gasser" section after I posted the question here, and low and behold there's your guy's cars!!! This is EXACTLY the look I want. Your cars are AWESOME!.....
I really thought the Gasser section would be all straight axle stuff. Thats why I posted this question here. I couldn't have been more wrong. This is my new FAV section!!!!!
I can't say enough about TriFive .com.... It's guys like you that make it all work, and I really appreciate it!:congrats:
Now I have to catch up on this new thread.... Looks interesting.
Thanks to all of you for your help.........Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts