Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've bought parts from Ralph and was always pleased with his extremely fast shipping, and the fact he gives discounts when you pay with cash or CC. How many places do that anymore. Personally , I would rather buy from the individual, like Ralph , then the corporate giant. But that may just be my antiestablishmentarianism showing.

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
Cruzr i agree with your train of thought on buying from individuals. That is why i`ve done so much of my business with a seller from Arkansas. They come to the local swap meets and are very nice and down to earth.Terry.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Yep, I have met Ralph in person and been out to his shop. Very nice guy and his prices are very good. Bought everything from him so far for the project 56 (dad's). Alot of his Stuff is Danchuck's, plus you get the discount if you use cash (poor mans power steering kit lists for $89 in the Danchuk catalog, if you do the transaction in cash, its only $80) His shop is about 30 minutes from where I live.

Saved a bunch of bucks, even after working in the cost for gas to get there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I met Ralph Roberts at the Portland Swap Meet and he's a stand up guy, knows probably about as much as anone I've ever met about tri 5's. He also had some of the best prices on re-chromed bumpers I had ever seen.
Dave Twin Blown 57:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ralph is one of the cheapest guys around and very very reliable.
I have bought many things from ralph. His down fall (for me) is that he does not have used parts to offer, unlike Mutton Hollow. Mutton is very reliable.

I choose Ralph for new parts over other vendors - he's a good man.
I choose Mutton Hollow for used parts over most other vendors (though is ok for ne parts to... saves shipping costs to budle items together) - He too is a good man.

Lastly, Ralph might know a lot about Tri5 cars, though his actual technical knowledge is questionable. This is where this forum can come in handy...

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,580 Posts
I bought from him and yes he is a nice guy and sort of fast shipping, a week to California, faster than Danchuk anyway:D I did have a problem with a fuel sender and he would not warranty it at all:eek: Not sure I would go back after that, but thats your choice.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just purchased a 4 core radiator from Ralph . He had, by far, the best price around. Most places are from 349 to 449, Ralphs was 237. Shipping was 3 days to Wisconsin. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I recently had the pleasure of visiting Ralph's shop. A very nice & helpful gentleman, indeed. I'm very lucky to live just a few miles away from him. His prices are excellent. Fortunately for me, he carries quite a few parts for the 1958 Chevy as well as the tri-fives. I'll definitely be giving him more business in the future!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I bought from him and yes he is a nice guy and sort of fast shipping, a week to California, faster than Danchuk anyway:D I did have a problem with a fuel sender and he would not warranty it at all:eek: Not sure I would go back after that, but thats your choice.
My understanding is that after 30 days he will not take anything back even for warranty. 30 days and it is yours no matter what. Kinda tough when we buy parts to build cars that take us years to complete.....

Hotroddder

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I would think Ralph would stand behind anything reasonable that he sells. I think his ma and paw bussiness is one of the dying breeds. Thumbs up from me:tu

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have praised Ralph in this thread... however, he didn't want to know about an item that I received damaged... asked me to take it up with the postal company... This caused me a lot of grief just to replace a simple $10 item, being in Australia isn't always easy to get replacement parts for American vehicles.

In the end, I bought the part out of my own pocket because Australia Post blamed packaging... Ralph blamed Aus Post.....!!!

After spending much of my hard earned money with Ralph, he buried his head in the sand over a $10 warranty claim....!

Some how... I still feel compelled to continue purchasing from him as his prices are cheap and delivery is fast... though I will keep a watchfull eye on this thread in the meantime.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I finally had a chance on Friday to go up to the shop that Ralph has. Very nice guy and had most of the parts I needed. I will be doing business with him in the future. After my visit there I had to go to a wrecking yard called All American Classics and look for a headlight sub bucket for the 57. Lots of cars there, maybe next time I will take a camera. After I found what I needed it was off to DC Truck Parts to find some things for our 1967 Chevy SWB pickup. It turned out to be a very enjoyable afternoon and met some new people with a wealth of information:)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hello everyone. i just ordered the very first round of parts to start my restoration.

I ordered from Ralph Roberts. I sent the cashiers check out Friday.

I'l try to send out an update if / when I get the parts and I'l be sure to check them out right away.

Thanks for the heads up.

Roy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts