Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a used ramjet 502 fuel injection system for sale, do any of you guys know of anyone selling one.

Thanks

otis

·
Registered
56 Posts
Otis.....I will call my buddy Ron today and see if he knows of any out there.
Thanks...............James
Hermiston.Ore

·
Registered
56 Posts
Otis........please call Ron Younce at ( cell phone)just talked to him bout 12:30 west coast time,he told me he might know of a used 502 injection unit for sale,he also suggested another F.I. set up that would be as good.
Thanks James
Hermiston,Ore

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,523 Posts
Otis. try looking on ebay for mercruiser efi or fuel injection . it is basicly the same unit just painted black . the newer units have the tb mounted on the side .. good luck

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at the unit with the tbi mounted on the side, did not like those.

I really like the looks of my dual carbs, but they are a pain to keep adjusted, so I have decided to go modern as long as it still has the cool factor look like these below.

Thanks

Otis

Here are a couple I am looking at
ACCEL 77106 - ACCEL DFI Super-Ram Fuel Injection Systems for Big Block Chevy

The other is the one like this one on the 502 below, Trying to find a used one at a good deal.

Otis

·
12,256 Posts
I think the Ramjet setup is a great EFI unit for a BBC. I remember reading several years ago how GM was working with Arizona Speed and Marine to develop the Ramjet manifold....I think I still have the magazine. I really like the way it looks under the hood of a tri5.

I bought my upper and lower manifolds NEW off of a guy on eBay who was going to use a Ramjet 502 in an Opel GT. :eek:

If I were you I'd find the manifolds and collect all the sensors...they are commonly available parts. I wouldn't but the stock GM kit because imo it's not optimized and isn't programmable, which you will need for your 454.

I personally went with a larger 1000 CFM dual 58mm Holley TB than the stock 635 CFM 48mm part. I also went with a Holley Commander 950 controller because I wanted to be able to tune it. I added a Holley wideband O2 and larger 42 lb/hr injectors to it as well.

I would suggest you watch at swap meets or on eBay for a used one. There may be some old-skool rodder who can't figure it out. ;)

Otherwise, here's some new ones:

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Lower-Manifold-502-Ram-Jet-12464482-P1779C33.aspx
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/product1.aspx?Product_ID=1780

Street and Performance sells a whole kit with a programmable controller.

I know you've already seen it, but here's mine: ;)

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys I am still looking for a ramjet system, lease let me know if you know of someone that has one for sale.

Thanks

otis:blowtiedb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts