Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished putting in a 408 in my 57. I have a couple of questions... First, is it possible that my plugs are fouling because of too small of exhaust? I have a 2 inch exhaust and was told by the builder that the engine needs 2 1/2 exhaust at the very least. Second, are there any differences in diameter of the rams horn headers that would help it breathe better? I have absolutely no idea about these style manifolds.

Thanks,
POZ

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I just finished putting in a 408 in my 57. I have a couple of questions... First, is it possible that my plugs are fouling because of too small of exhaust? I have a 2 inch exhaust and was told by the builder that the engine needs 2 1/2 exhaust at the very least. Second, are there any differences in diameter of the rams horn headers that would help it breathe better? I have absolutely no idea about these style manifolds.

Thanks,
POZ
Speedway moters in Lincoln Ne has affordable 2.5 rams horns. I dont think 2 inch exhaust has anything to do with plug fouling. Do you have an Eldebrock Carb?

·
Premium Member
50,790 Posts
I have Rams....

.....on my Vette. I did 2 1/4" inch pipe front to rear. Also run Edlebrock Carb (on all Vehicles) with not problem fouling plugs. :anim_25:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts