Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my '55 out yesterday afternoon to the filling station. I'm driving down a four lane street with a planter divider, I'm in the inside lane. Up ahead of me just a couple of car lengths in the other lane is a young woman in a minivan, cell phone glued to her ear. As we were approaching an intersection I'm about a car length behind her and baam! just like that the gal is pulling over into my lane...she had no clue I was even there. Had I not been paying attention she'd of nailed me. I stomped hard on the brakes, hit the horn and this gal was startled, swerved back, speeded up pulled in front of me, flipped me off then made a left turn all the while the cell is still glued to her ear. Rant #!

So I get to the filling station, gas up and head for home. The city is doing some sidewalk repair about six blocks up ahead and the traffic is being funneled to one lane. Again I'm in the inside lane against the divider. I see this minivan waiting to make a left turn...yup another young woman, cell phone glued to her ear. She pulls out into the outside lane about two car lengths ahead of me. I'm doing the speed limit so I pull almost alongside her and baam! just like that shes changing lanes, never even looked...never saw me or had a clue I was there. Again I stomped on the brakes and hit the horn, she swerved back into her lane, shocked look on her face, cell still glued to her ear...and she had the audacity to flip me off too! I guess I was at fault for being in the lane she wanted to be in:rolleyes:
Rant #2

Ok, thats it I got it off my chest. I've had this type of thing happen before but never twice in the same day let alone on the same street...sheesh! Oh BTW both women were blonde haired...maybe blondes shouldn't be allowed to drive and use a cellphone at the same time:rolleyes::)(my sister-in-law would kill me if she ever read this:))

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Your secret is safe with us! :sign0020:

The second bimbo was probably talking to the first one trying to calm her down after you scared her by appearing out of thin air. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
262 Posts
The same problem happens all over....and not just blonds....and not just women. They finally banned the use of cellphone up here unless using a hands free device and no texting. Even with the ban there are still people that can't drive and talk at the same time even with hands free. I go to alot of incidents that were caused by cell phone use and the police are checking time of use now to see if the driver was using their cell phone when the collision happened.

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Man's biggest mistake !!

I totally agree .
MAN'S GREATEST ALLTIME MISTAKE'S
1.) GIVING A WOMAN A CELL PHONE AND A SUV AT THE SAME TIME.
Last Saturday I saw a woman driving a white Escalade talking on the phone run a red light and almost got clipped by a car that had the green light.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,539 Posts
The second bimbo was probably talking to the first one trying to calm her down after you scared her by appearing out of thin air. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
:sign0020::sign0020::sign0020::sign0020:

It seems that the cops don't even enforce this law, at least here in California anyway. Its probably because the fine is so cheap its not worth the time to write it.

Randy

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
"Special" Driver's License -

I know what you mean - out here in So. Calif. I'd swear some people must have a "Special" Driver's License: they don't have to obey any of the Traffic Rules, are allowed to use cellphones when driving, have preferential Lane choice, can park in Handicap spots, always have the Right of Way, can STOP at Stop Signs optionally, can enter and exit Car Pool Lanes whenever they want - I just don't know how you get one of these "Special" Driver's Licenses!!

Then again, I'm always the last one to get the word! :)

·
Administrator
48,740 Posts
It isn`t just you it is happening to. They either almost run over you or slow or stop in the middle of the road talking on the phone. It really P O`S me for sure. Rant away. Did you wave back at them? :D ;)
Terry

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It isn`t just you it is happening to. They either almost run over you or slow or stop in the middle of the road talking on the phone. It really P O`S me for sure. Rant away. Did you wave back at them? :D ;)
Terry
Naw, just shook my head in disgust and went on my merry way:) Maybe I should have given them a happy wave, you know no hard feelings:rolleyes::)

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
One fingered salute....ladies must have been showing you they had only "ONE" brain cell that was working. And since they gave you the one fingered salute with it, that meant the "ONE" working brain cell was faulty also. Either that or they were showing you their IQ rating.

Glad they missed hitting you.

KINGS X 56

·
Premium Member
50,790 Posts
Best laugh I had driving....after being flipped off by a young girl (Ladies don't) as she pulled up beside us, I puckered up real big and thru her a kiss. Made her so mad I got a double, no a triple pumper. wife and I laughed all the way home. :sign0020: :sign0020: :sign0020: :sign0020: :sign0020:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
In New Zealand, we call minivans "looser cruisers" and cell phone use in car is banned unless hands free, use of a cell phone whilst driving is a $80 fine and 20 demerit points (100 will mean loss of driving permit).
I know your frustration, we have had some fatal crashes directly caused by cell phone use whilst driving.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I used to talk on the cell phone all the time while driving, but I've gotten to the point where I rarely do it anymore. And it has little to do with safety. I'd just rather relax and enjoy my drive.

I roll the windows down, turn the radio up and cruise to and from work (about 8 miles one way) at about 5-10 below the speed limit. And I'm only 34. It seems some people are incapable of "just driving". They have to be multi-tasking all the time. They race from from stoplight to stoplight, wearing out there brakes, suspensions, etc., and I doubt they ever enjoy their drive. And in the end, they don't get to work much faster than I do. Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Tim

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
PEOPLE

Dont you just love it or hate it when someone screws up like that,you call them out on it and they blame you by giving you the finger and they were the one not paying attention!Good R.T.'s on the brakes and horn GR.We followed an older fellow,probably in his 80's last weekend and he was doing a rapid 30mph in a 50 zone,swerving all over the road,we get a busy intersection with a stop sign for us to a major road and that guy just wheeled his car right out there making a left without even looking and darn near got taken out buy this guy in a 4door sedan and i can tell you that was close to death as I have ever seen.My point here is not is it cell phones but its lack of paying attention to surroundings and believing everyone is watching out for them.It seems that we cant fix stupid.
GREG

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I like Your Attitude!!

I used to talk on the cell phone all the time while driving, but I've gotten to the point where I rarely do it anymore. And it has little to do with safety. I'd just rather relax and enjoy my drive.

I roll the windows down, turn the radio up and cruise to and from work (about 8 miles one way) at about 5-10 below the speed limit. And I'm only 34. It seems some people are incapable of "just driving". They have to be multi-tasking all the time. They race from from stoplight to stoplight, wearing out there brakes, suspensions, etc., and I doubt they ever enjoy their drive. And in the end, they don't get to work much faster than I do. Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Tim
Way to go Tim!! You're so right, we are all in such a hurry to go nowhere! Point "A" to Point "B" driving is not fun! Now that we finally have a TriFive, we just Drive & Enjoy - Windows down, Radio ON, going nowhere special--just Loving Life!! :)

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Texting is worse. I watch out for girls all the time because we live close to a college campus. they always think they can do both, we finally have a law against texting and driving.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
One thing is funny with that bad habit one fingered salute that you see often in traffic.

If you meet the same people outside their car i dont think they would give you that one fingered salute. :confused0006:

It is sadly very common in Sweden also.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Jerry Seinfeld used to kid about giving the finger... I believe he said something like big deal... Anybody can give the finger... Take off your shoe and give them the TOE!!! Later, Dave

·
Registered
369 Posts
It seems the story is the same but only the names change!! I found that the best way to guard against cell phone use while driving is to turn the radio up so loud that You can't hear it ring!!
It is always a positive to hear that someone eluded the "Cell phone stupidity" without wrecking their car!! Unfortunately there just isn't enough Police pressance to possibly write the amount of tickets to cure the problem!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts