Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Its shadow gray OVER coral. Gray on top. Coral on bottom. For someone who knows paint as long as he claims, well i'll stop there. Dont want to be rude or mean or anything
Hey George, Not sure who peed in your cornflakes but it wasn't me. Yes My car is Shadow Grey over Coral, and golly if I gave you the colors out of order. I must surely be defective and will see if I can get some help with that massive flaw in my character. Now where exactly did I say I "Knew" paint? I said I have owned these cars for 45 years. Known hundreds of other people that knows a thing or 3 as well. I can assure you that The Shadow Grey over Coral was not as you said;

For a fact the absolute rarest color on a 55 belair are gray over coral..
In fact it most assuredly is not, it just might not have been saved and reproduced very often as it is a acquired taste, folks either love it or hate it with few in between.

Now I have been nice, and hope you are just having a bad day. If that is the case tomorrow could be better. If you are not having a bad day and are just a mean person that enjoys stirring up a fight,... would you mind terribly going straight to ......

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,746 Posts
Y’all realize you’re fussing over the naming convention of original paint combinations? Could be worse, we could be talking about which bomb shelter we need to hide in from Russian bombs while living in Ukraine. Ratchet back the tempers a bit and put it in perspective.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Y’all realize you’re fussing over the naming convention of original paint combinations? Could be worse, we could be talking about which bomb shelter we need to hide in from Russian bombs while living in Ukraine. Ratchet back the tempers a bit and put it in perspective.
Pretty much what ive been saying all along. Car colors? Really! Best thing that came out of it for me was that i finally took the time to find the ignore button. Its a wonderful thing.:)

·
Administrator
50,193 Posts
Im going by printed material. You have to admit gray over coral is rare at any car show. Whether or not you like my reply or attitude is your business. Tell u what. Keep quiet and let me sweat it out. Too many here are so called experts on tri 5s. really despise people like you. searching for the ignore button.
George, please calm your remarks down some. You are coming off as rude and a know-it-all. You may not intend to, but that is how it is being taken. We do have many here that have been following and studying tri fives for years, and the attitude won`t be tolerated. And that attitude will end up getting you banned. Thank you for understanding,Terry.

·
Registered
444 Posts
George, please calm your remarks down some. You are coming off as rude and a know-it-all. You may not intend to, but that is how it is being taken. We do have many here that have been following and studying tri fives for years, and the attitude won`t be tolerated. And that attitude will end up getting you banned. Thank you for understanding,Terry.
So have i. If being rude is mentioning something from a tri 5 book then color me rude. Read back before chiming in.what a bunch of thin skinned know it alls this site has turned in.

·
Administrator
50,193 Posts
So have i. If being rude is mentioning something from a tri 5 book then color me rude. Read back before chiming in.what a bunch of thin skinned know it alls this site has turned in.
I read back and also have been informed about your posts that had to be edited for content. My warning stands.
Terry

·
Registered
444 Posts
Fine. Ill use the site to contact only the 5 or so i chat with. I wont reply to anything else to ensure i dont hurt anyones feelings because how could my knowlege or opinion possibly be right. As you say there are guys here with 40 years of knowledge. Ive been working on my own cars since the mid 70's! Theres a clique here my man that piss off quite a few users with their tag teaming on others who voice an opinion. Then they contact an administrator for back up and always get it. I know this, others know this, and you know it.

·
Administrator
50,193 Posts
Fine. Ill use the site to contact only the 5 or so i chat with. I wont reply to anything else to ensure i dont hurt anyones feelings because how could my knowlege or opinion possibly be right. As you say there are guys here with 40 years of knowledge. Ive been working on my own cars since the mid 70's! Theres a clique here my man that piss off quite a few users with their tag teaming on others who voice an opinion. Then they contact an administrator for back up and always get it. I know this, others know this, and you know it.
You are wrong. We just call them as we see them. No one here said to stay out of discussions. And it is okay to voice your side but when you get argumentative, then we step in. And there are several here that restore these cars for a living and they know them inside out. And 1 book doesn`t always have the correct answer and sometimes just 1 persons opinion. So you should also listen when someone here says that author ir wrong.
Terry

·
Registered
444 Posts
You are wrong. We just call them as we see them. No one here said to stay out of discussions. And it is okay to voice your side but when you get argumentative, then we step in. And there are several here that restore these cars for a living and they know them inside out. And 1 book doesn`t always have the correct answer and sometimes just 1 persons opinion. So you should also listen when someone here says that author ir wrong.
Terry
We are talking about the color of paint. Dont worry about any disagreement i had with thse 2 guys. Ive placed them on ignore. Enough said on this. How about closing it out due to lack of further interest

·
Administrator
50,193 Posts
We are talking about the color of paint. Dont worry about any disagreement i had with thse 2 guys. Ive placed them on ignore. Enough said on this. How about closing it out due to lack of further interest
How about you just ignore this thread also since you can`t handle the truth.
Terry

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
54,219 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
How about you just ignore this thread also since you can`t handle the truth.
Terry
You play kid games with your "power" on this site. I tried putting you on ignore last year when you just continued the arguement. Whats the truth chevman? You said i was edited. I assumed you did it because you brought it up. Ill ask again. Who edited my comment and why. Just like last year and when i embarrassed you, you suspended me. Bet your true to form. And you know what? I really dont care.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
54,219 Posts
Who edited my comment and why.
George...I just sent you a PM...Hopefully, we can get this matter settled in a more private method.

I'd like to get this thread back on topic and and continue discussing car colors,

41 - 60 of 128 Posts