Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Rat Fink 3 foot statue

5K views 69 replies 17 participants last post by  davidc 
#1 ·
Anyone see these Rat Fink Statues for sale? I saw 3 different sizes in South Dakota a couple months back while on a trip, I am looking to find the 3 foot tall one locally in California. I see them for outrageous prices sold on the internet or for pick up only. Hoping someone on the forum has seen them for sale. I am told they are made in Mexico, but no one can tell me where. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #11 ·
Well I sent an email and opened his email response prior to reading these post, hope just opening an email does not cause me harm. He provided pictures and pricing and an address in Georgia. But I did not provide any information as I really want to be able to find someone with local pick up. He requested my shipping information and I bowed out of any further conversation. If I sign up for facebook I am really only looking for information on where to buy a Rat Fink Statue locally so I can go look, pay and leave with a statue. If anyone has information or thinks opening those emails can be harmful please let me know? Also thanks for all the tips on a possible scammer.

Discussion starter · #21 ·
Well I signed up for facebook and cannot figure out how to use it. Every time I post a question or try to place an ad inquiring about buying a Rat Fink Statue on one of the Rat Fink sites my post are immediately declined and removed. Not sure what I am doing wrong, they state a reason for removal of I am a new member with less than 3 months of membership. If I cant post for the first 3 months it seems kind of self defeating for the sight. Anyhow I am open to anyone that has information on where to buy this statue, my preference is to find one in So Cal so I can go see it, buy it, and take it home, no shipping.
Thanks again,

Discussion starter · #25 ·
He'll ship the 2 foot one but not the 3 foot. Look at his other ads.
3 foot version must be over the UPS 150lb limit
I did see the 2 foot ad he had, also saw the 2 foot statue in South Dakota, just not as good a look as the 3 foot statue. Again, thank you for all the tips.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Are there any Southern California Trifive members that have seen this Rat Fink Statue for sale locally? Really looking to purchase a stature locally where I can simple go pick one up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Old Buzzard,
I dont know how to respond, if these are fake or funds are not going to the heirs of Ed Roth that was not my intent. Just interested in his work.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
380 miles in Az, Look at the price. I think it may be worth your while

Pegasus Rearing - collectibles - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)
Slim,
I bought the one from the guy in Az. He had lots of aluminum statues and I asked him if the price was firm and told him where I was coming from and he gave me a price of $260, I said sold, Wow what a deal. I drove down and it seemed like he was having a going out of business sale. Great guy and wife and great price. Thanks again for the tip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.