Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Re-assembly soon

816 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tjsdelivery 
#1 ·
I finished prepping all front end parts last night and will be spraying paint this weekend. Have all new bushings, tie rods, coil springs, etc. and am planning on starting to re-assemble the front suspension and steering in the coming weeks. What would be the best procedure for putting it all back together? I had taken the steering off as one unit, and took it apart on the bench. Pulled coil springs out, and removed suspension items piece by piece. I am looking for suggestions on what you guys have found to work best as far as a step-by-step method of putting it all back together. Thank you.

#2 ·
Install the upper A-frames, then the lower A-frames. Then install the springs. Install the steering box and then the steering linkages. The steering linkage can be preassembled on the bench if you want to and it is easier than laying under the car to do that.
Terry

#3 ·
What if I am not sure of the steering box I am going to use? I am installing the idler bearing kit, because originally I wasn't going to go with power steering. Now I am thinking of going with the power steering also, but haven't bought a box yet. I should be able to put the box on later, correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.