Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The caliper is a single piston type. The brake line has a banjo fitting. The pass. side has seated well no leaks. The driver side leaks slightly. I have pressure bleeder. I have pumped it up to about 10 lbs. Over night there is some fluid around the fitting.

The copper washers are inplace correctly. Just wonder if over tightening could have deformed the washers. any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
The caliper is a single piston type. The brake line has a banjo fitting. The pass. side has seated well no leaks. The driver side leaks slightly. I have pressure bleeder. I have pumped it up to about 10 lbs. Over night there is some fluid around the fitting.

The copper washers are inplace correctly. Just wonder if over tightening could have deformed the washers. any thoughts?
Over Tightening could have deformed the banjo fitting or the washers.
But the washer should form some to seal the banjo fitting .

If you don't see anything wrong with banjo fitting. I replace the washers and check it again.
Ps Make sure the threads are still good on the caliper and the Bolt.
:anim_25:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Sure could ; try 2 new copper washers . Sometimes they'll leak if you have to re-position the flex-line . Were the banjo washers used ones ? I've seen used ones leak , as one side will squash before the other at times . I'd replace them both anyways . Be safe...Bob

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that might be the case. Might have tighten lossened the bolt at some point. Been a while since I first put the new brake system in. Just getting around to bleed etc. I will try new washers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts