Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: earlier post on window channel problem

Re: my earlier post on the window adjustment problem on my 57 2 dr post.
the regulator arm is rubbing against the window channel attached to the vent window however when I try to adjust it away from it using the adjustment screw it puts so much pressure on the channel that it distorts it so much the window is almost impossible to roll up, the regulator sticks out much farther towards the channel then the driver's side. Has anyone experienced a problem like this and can it possibly be corrected by removing the regulator and maybe bending the arm in a little. I have measured everything against the driver side that works fine and the only difference is the fact that the arm or joint on the regulator sticks out farther causing major interference with the channel trim attached to the vent window, any help would be greatly appreciated... adjusting windows is certainly not my specialty:confused0006: Thanks Earl

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got it fixed

a few scratches on my hands and arms, got it fixed , did not have to remove the regulator, just had to turn into a contortionist:stupido:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,788 Posts
Way to go Earic....Now I need to figure out why my passenger side is so hard to roll up and down....Any pointers now you are the expert :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
adjustments

Pops,
My main problem was that the felt strip had actually come loose from the window channel, after finding and fixing that the window was still pretty hard to roll up but I kept working on the adjusting nut that attaches to the bottom of the window channel attached to the vent window ( it takes time because you have to tighten the lock nut after each adjustment because tightening it actual moves the adjustment, the adjustment moves the channel either in towards the interior or out towards the outside of the door depending on which way you turn the adjustment, I found that it was easier to adjust if I took the outside nut off and put a block against the screw while reaching inside the door an turning the nut inside in or out and then locking the outside nut back down ) and then when I got that adjustment so that the window was as free as possible I moved to the two phillips screws to the upper right of that that are attached to the regulator ( they are slotted and I finally ended with one of them at the highest adjustment and the other at the lowest and the window finally started going up and down pretty freely )

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,788 Posts
Thanks for the info and PM Earic.....It will be most helpful.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts