1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,875 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it does have a 355 stroker after all... But yeah I thought it was to good to be true, nice looking car for 25

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
What's a 355 stroker? 600HP to rear tires? How so? I don't see any tubs.
Wheelie bars? Are they really needed?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I don't believe his horsepower claim and what's a 355 stroker? But the interior is cheesy so price is about right.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
:dontknow:I must be missing something? Look priced about right for what it is.
Ok I get it . I just looked at pictures. Never believe BS written anyway. At Least he did not try to tell us how RARE the car was. :sign0020:

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Not only is he dreaming about RWHP did you read the part about having to mix Racing fuel with premium to get that thing to run. That tells me he put 12 to1 pistons in a "street" motor. How far out of town could you get before you lose your source of racing fuel?

·
Registered
37,299 Posts
It may be very, very mini-tubs. Perhaps micro-tubs.

And maybe the 350 is micro-stroked about .050" also.

Very subtle mods, no doubt. :sign0020:

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
And the wheelie bars are needed when he moves to Mars one day.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I question if it is in fact a Belair as the stainless on the front fenders is missing as is the stainless over the side windows is also missing... Later, Dave

·
Registered
37,299 Posts
Actually every bit of the body trim is 210 not Bel Air. Good eye, surprised someone didn't catch that already.

Makes you wonder if the tires will hold air overnight. :sign0020:

·
Registered
20 Posts
registration?

I always find that the "steals" are questionable number jobs or "no title" or "salvaged vehicle". It would only make more sense with all the race gear on it. I was thinking about buying a title-less 56 for cheap simply to race it. Maybe he did the same and wants to get rid of it now?

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
It may be very, very mini-tubs. Perhaps micro-tubs.
And maybe the 350 is micro-stroked about .050" also.
Very subtle mods, no doubt. :sign0020:
Agreement with that.
Also, remember everyone, that to the rest of the world ALL tri5's are BelAirs! LOL!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Actually every bit of the body trim is 210 not Bel Air. Good eye, surprised someone didn't catch that already.

Makes you wonder if the tires will hold air overnight. :sign0020:
If you go on his website the Vin# is listed. It starts with a "B".

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
A 355 stroker is either a 307 punched .125 with a 350 crank or a large journal 327 punched .030 with a 350 crank. BFD

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
355 strokers are common in Australia, using a 308 (5L) Aussie block, running a 350 crank. In my car I actually used a 400 crank to give me a 383. Probably not in this case though!
Is this a SBC, never heard of a 308, the 267 & 305 use the same 3.48 stroke as 350. Please provide us more info.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts