Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 57 belair is a radio delete car. I put an aftermarket adjustable antenna on on the rear (passenger side) in the 70's when I was a kid. Now I want to fix that and put a real rear antenna where it should be, drivers side. Does anyone know how the antenna cable was routed? did it go with the taillight wires under the two metal plates that cover the wires or was it run under the carpet near the rocker panel?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,380 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one of these days I will figure out how to post a pic. The car was originally my dads second car. He got it about the time of your photograph, 1966. It was black but had been painted 3 or 4 times when I got it in 76 so in 78, at 17 years old, i took all the chrome, interior, and bumpers off, stripped the paint, and was promptly told by the body shop i could not afford a black paint job that no one would laugh at. Sooooo, took his advice and instead painted it the new for the year 78 corvette red. I have one picture of me at 17 starting to disassemble the car. 35 years later I still have the bucket of bolts, and its still 78 corvette red, lol.

·
RIP 02-03-2022
50,809 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.