Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mounting tab, on the axle...
Does the hose from the frame to the axle housing go vertically into the j block, horizontally, or??

I'm using a new, oem design hose, & making a new tab for the 9", and need to know, B4 I paint the assy.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,791 Posts

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Dave, I looked at that page in my manual... The manual has evidently been reprinted/copied so many times, the pictures are all fuzzy..Thanks for the info!
I'm now looking at other pages.. Some are pretty poor.
A section of pages is missing in my shop manual, too....

·
Registered
37,969 Posts
Buzzard, look at view D on the page posted, it's fairly clear.

Only question would be did you run your rear brake line down the passenger side or the driver side. Stock is passenger side, but driver side makes more sense with a dual master cylinder, etc. In that case you just need to move it all to the driver side in the axle area and the axle itself. A mirror image.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep..

Buzzard, look at view D on the page posted, it's fairly clear.

Only question would be did you run your rear brake line down the passenger side or the driver side. Stock is passenger side, but driver side makes more sense with a dual master cylinder, etc. In that case you just need to move it all to the driver side in the axle area and the axle itself. A mirror image.
I can see the location on the post from Dave. My manual is illegible...
The brkt on the 55 rearend is already moved to the dr side. However, the car is STILL in b/s jail, and I am 20 mi away.:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts