Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with 1957 rear bumper end pieces in terms of removing indentations at side bolt holes? I've seen many such pieces with mild distortion where these bolts apparently were over-tightened. I imagine these might be pressed out, or someone with good metal working skills might be able to hammer them out. I’m just wondering what others might have done and what the results were. I have concerns that if not done properly the repair effort will show through the finished re-chroming.

Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
538 Posts
I usually leave that kind of repair up to the plating shop. If you are dealing with a top quality shop, they will want those areas repaired prior to plating as well.....

Just contact them and make a note of the fact that you wish to see the repair made.

·
Administrator
49,847 Posts
If you are dealing with a top quality shop, they will want those areas repaired prior to plating as well.....
I agree with this statement.
Terry

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
The shop I had to my plating, didn't want anyone taking dents out. They do it themselves so they can't be blamed for "fixed" areas that show up after plating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts