Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, well, the unthinkable happened. I was installing the driver side rear curved glass in my 210 chevy wagon and yes, your right, I broke it. The only thing holding it together is the gasket. It was in nice condition and I was looking forward to re-using it. It just makes me sick. I priced a new one from $295.00-$315.00 which made me even sicker. Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a used piece ? Any direction/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I already looked on e-bay; negative. As a side note, I don't blame anyone for breaking the glass but myself. But, the gasket I bought from Danchuk was one of the most ill fitting parts I ever purchased. In the past I've always had a good experience with their parts, but this....... Thanks, Carmine

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
Greetings, well, the unthinkable happened. I was installing the driver side rear curved glass in my 210 chevy wagon and yes, your right, I broke it. The only thing holding it together is the gasket. It was in nice condition and I was looking forward to re-using it. It just makes me sick. I priced a new one from $295.00-$315.00 which made me even sicker. Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a used piece ? Any direction/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I already looked on e-bay; negative. As a side note, I don't blame anyone for breaking the glass but myself. But, the gasket I bought from Danchuk was one of the most ill fitting parts I ever purchased. In the past I've always had a good experience with their parts, but this....... Thanks, Carmine
:eek: THAT SUCKS :motz: Hate to hear this but been there and done that< not glass tho>

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
I am sorry to hear that, I can relate to it as I broke a new windshield I was trying to install in a 35 ford pickup years ago. I don't know of any source for used quarter glasses, is your longroof a 2dr or 4 dr?

The ones I have are either delaminating around the edges or have bb holes in them. Ive been thinking of making metal replacements and go with a panel type look just because I can;t afford new ones. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
A 2 or 4-door Wagon?

If a 2-door, most do not realize a 4-door Wagon curve glass is actually longer then the 2-door.

I see little reason a 4-door can't be cut in the flat part so it now fits a 2-door Wagon.

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sorry to hear that, I can relate to it as I broke a new windshield I was trying to install in a 35 ford pickup years ago. I don't know of any source for used quarter glasses, is your longroof a 2dr or 4 dr?

The ones I have are either delaminating around the edges or have bb holes in them. Ive been thinking of making metal replacements and go with a panel type look just because I can;t afford new ones. Time will tell.
Thank you for your response. Mine is a 2d 210 wagon. How bad are the delaminating ones? I am going to tint the side glass. Thanx, carmine

·
Registered
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A 2 or 4-door Wagon?

If a 2-door, most do not realize a 4-door Wagon curve glass is actually longer then the 2-door.

I see little reason a 4-door can't be cut in the flat part so it now fits a 2-door Wagon.
That you for that idea/suggestion. I didn't know that. carmine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts