Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

Does anyone have pictures of how the the upper portion is installed, if you are not using expensive windlace stops, that goes under the window garnish moulding. I have heard that some people just fold it over and it is hidden under the garnish moulding.

Also, on my car there is a small L shaped tab on the body about mid way in the window opening, does the garnish moulding actually slip over this tab to help hold it in position???. The small upholstered panel above the armrest seems like it will be a very tight fit to get the garnish moulding over it as well.

Thanks for the help,:):)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could take a picture at home (not there now). My car started life the same colors as yours!
If you could post some pictures of the upper and lower ends of the windlace that would be great. Coral and Shadow Gray are the original colors of my car.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wakes,
I would suggest using the windlace end supports with the rubber tips. I don't know how to put pictures up on this forum, or I would post 1... if you need someone to walk you through it, call Bill at 800-875-8390 he is really a great guy that is willing to share his knowledge. Hope that helps.
Gina

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the help with the picture. Did you get a solution for your windlaces? I left the inside of the glove box door, behind the dash trim, and the inside of the trunk the original coral and grey. The car was red and white when my wife-to-be bought it for me in '82. That was it's umpteenth paint job. I stripped the outside and installed scrounged original quarter panels and rocker panels. The Good Lord willin', I will get to keep both the car and the girl for life....

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Hello All:

Does anyone have pictures of how the the upper portion is installed, if you are not using expensive windlace stops, that goes under the window garnish moulding. I have heard that some people just fold it over and it is hidden under the garnish moulding.

Also, on my car there is a small L shaped tab on the body about mid way in the window opening, does the garnish moulding actually slip over this tab to help hold it in position???. The small upholstered panel above the armrest seems like it will be a very tight fit to get the garnish moulding over it as well.

Thanks for the help,:):)
Hi Wakes
Here's the Fisher Body sheet of the windlace installation for the 55 hdtp, I found that the best way is to buy the danchuk ends with the steel bracket embedded and to superglue that to the 5/8" diameter rubber foam inner after unstitching the windlace, then restitch around the steel bracket. This then mounts to the inner body as shown on the drawing and best places the shape of the windlace int the garnish.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Wakes
Here's the Fisher Body sheet of the windlace installation for the 55 hdtp, I found that the best way is to buy the danchuk ends with the steel bracket embedded and to superglue that to the 5/8" diameter rubber foam inner after unstitching the windlace, then restitch around the steel bracket. This then mounts to the inner body as shown on the drawing and best places the shape of the windlace int the garnish.
Thumper: Thank you kindly, I will end up doing it this way with the steel brackets embedded in the rubber ends. For now I just folded it back over itself which looks okay but the best.

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts