Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i'm trying to find out what the 12-bolt in my 55 actually came out of...the only numbers i could find on it where laying under the car looking back and ond one side it "GM 62"(passenger side) and on the driver's side it had 8888278 NF....Does any of this make any sense...please help...

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Video to dertermine Rear End Gear Ratio

Guys i'm trying to find out what the 12-bolt in my 55 actually came out of...the only numbers i could find on it where laying under the car looking back and ond one side it "GM 62"(passenger side) and on the driver's side it had 8888278 NF....Does any of this make any sense...please help...
kychevy, if you can't find a tag, and you just want to figure out your gear ratio, without tearing it down and counting the teeth, here's a video that shows the best way I know of to determine the gear ratio of your rear end. good luck, BDR:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Enyf67KTs

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
!0 & 12 bolts typically have numbers stamped in the axle tube on the right tube front side midway. There is a series of # followed by letters. My Hollander Interchange manuals have a chapter devoted to identifying the codes. They typically never had tags other than " use limited slip lube only" if so equiped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts