Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting set of lowered rear leafs for my 57 hardtop. I will be installing dropped spindles in the front also. Would you guys go with 2" or 3" lowering leafs? Also, who's good out there as far as manufacturers? Don't really want any Chinese crap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just got a set of 2'' lowering springs from Danchuk.Installed last night.Worked perfect.Car sets around 1'' lower than before.The 56 year old stocker's probable had sagged 1'' over the years.Had got 2'' lowering springs from Ecklers weeks before,they ended up being too long,and binded against rear shackle hanger.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any one that have the Danchuk 3'' Lowering rear leaf spring?
Got pics? this is how my 55' sits with old original 4-leafs.
Whant it lower!

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
I installed the Posie reverse eye 3" drop leafs with a 1" block to get this height. The posie springs ride real nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,987 Posts
You need to pick the amount of drop that suits the ride height YOU want.

The number of leaves and who to buy from is less obvious.

A friend of mine had a problem with the Earle Williams lowering springs, main leaf broke. Long story but so do I, and I've never even run them yet. He got a replacement main leaf from Eaton Detroit Spring - 3" drop, reversed eyes - it matched up perfectly and he's a happy customer. That gives me a lot of confidence in Eaton Detroit Spring.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Any one that have the Danchuk 3'' Lowering rear leaf spring?
Got pics? this is how my 55' sits with old original 4-leafs.
Whant it lower!
John, you are wise to replace your 55 year old 4 leaf springs... I replaced mine after one cracked and sagged... Replaced with new stock 4 leaf and 2 inch blocks... Later, Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts