Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
quarter panel inserts

hi guys

there are rustholes on the metal behind my rear quarter panel inserts (with belai on it).

everybody is replacing this panel but i live in belgium and if i wanna buy a quarter panel ,then in total with shipping and tax costs i will have to pay 1000dollars.(this*2)

is there a other way to repair it?

welding a new piece in it ,is gonna worp the hole panel so thats not a good idea

anybody else got a idea?

greatz and allready thanks for helping

·
Registered
226 Posts
if you scroll below there are some pictures(tape is from previous owner:))

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32829&highlight=christof&page=2

thanks for helping me

is this maybe a option?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crUQzePGvb0

i have a tig welder,but what is he using for adding?
greatz
i agree with the media blasting then fiberglass. i tryed to weld rust holes on my quarters like this and it warped really bad. if u wanta save them fiberglass the holes and seal it from the back side!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Molding holes in rear quarterpanel

Hi

I have welded everything on the belair and i stripped the primer of that was sprayed 10 years ago after sand blasting .

On the rear quarter panels i cut the panel on top of it so thrue the chrome molding holes.

Now i need to remake these holes (rectangle ones) on top of it.

I have no molding clips anymore so i can't messure it

This anybody know the size of these rectangle holes on top of the rear quarterpanels?

Another question.

I'm gonna spray my car in epoxy. Dupont brand
There are Parts on the car that have surface rust on them and i removed it with a nylon disc

Can i use vinegar with water metal Prep or should i buy a rustconverter

I can't sand last these Parts

Thanks for helping me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.