Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear seat of a 57 2 door sedan had some anti squeak stuff from the factory. For example, on the three hooks at the top, they had a little wrap of what looked like old fashioned black friction tape. The factory also used some cardboard pieces on either side of the rear seat bulkhead sheet metal near the wheel wells to help keep the squeaking done to a low roar. I have a picture of what one looks like from when I first took the car apart in 77 when I was 16. Naturally, I threw them out. Any chance anyone has one of the cardboards, in any condition, that I might make a pattern out of,nor knows if anyone reproduces these cardboards?

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have some pictures of some of what you are talking about. I will post when I get home to a different computer. I put down fatmat all over and no one sits in the back seat (except once with the grand kids and they were so noisy I wouldn't have heard any squeaks.) The car is fairly quiet inside. I do hear some squeaks from the front suspension that wasn't rebuilt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.