Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there some secret method of re-installing the rear seat bottom? I can't seem to push the seat back any further but it looks like it is still almost an 1" from the hooks dropping into the pockets. If I removed the seat back would that be of any help?

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Seat back first and shove the bottom.(Sometimes force maybe needed).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Have the seats been reupholsterd? Could be the new padding is heavier and thicker thus preventing you from pushing it back far enough to engage the hooks in their pockets.

·
Administrator
49,472 Posts
It is a two person job. Don`t
shove the bottom.
Have one on each side, place a towel or piece of cardboard against seat, place a foot on each corner and push back. It takes a lot of pressure to get it back, but it will fall into the mounting cups.
Terry

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,453 Posts
tough to get in especially after new padding and cover.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm glad for the suggestions. I took mine loose for a good cleaning underneath and wished I had left it when one end sets and the other will not. Maybe a second person will help.

·
Administrator
49,472 Posts
I took mine loose for a good cleaning underneath and wished I had left it when one end sets and the other will not. Maybe a second person will help.
It is definitely a two person job to get both hooks to drop in.
Terry

·
Registered
37,236 Posts
I've never had a problem by myself. But obviously that's a function of how much new or extra material you have to compress.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts