Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen (in Eckler's) that the bracket for the center mounted rear view mirror fits all models except Convertible and 4 Door Hardtop. I was wondering what the difference is for the Hardtop and if they are available anywhere. I am leaning towards the dash mounted mirror as I have to lean to see out the mirror as it is. If you have any experience with the dash mounted or stock 4 door hardtop mirror please enlighten me. Thanks!

·
Administrator
68,068 Posts
The sports sedan roof line is lower than the sedan, the rear view mirror arm is shorter when compared to the sedan.

The dash mounted mirror as Terry suggested would be difficult to see out of especially if you have three up front.

As a note you could also get the day/night mirror as an option :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The four door sports sedan roof mount arm is longer than the regular sedan or hardtop coupe, and as I recall the convertible's mounting bracket that goes under the interior windshield upper garnish molding is different than all style's... I'd have to go take a look at mine and see if there are any other difference's. :shakehands:

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
I never have had an oportunity to actually sit in a car where the car was equipped with a dash mount mirror to view. I have only seen the mirrors that have been taken off of the cars. On the convertibles. The regular mirror won't fit where you attach it with the screws. It won't allow it to recieve in the mount holes if I recall . The vertical length is different whether it is shorter or longer I don't recall. Its been some time and my car is not here with me. Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll rule out the dash mounted mirror and try to find one the correct length in a parts car somewhere.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Some have mentioned the Sport Sedan was shorter, some longer, some not sure.

The Sport Sedan is LONGER. I have the original one that came in my Sport Sedan and it is longer by about 1.5"-2"... We have 4-6 inches of ice outside and my car is under a cover so I can't measure the difference right now but I have the original in my hands and the 1.5"-2" is just an estimate.

There are no Repops being produced. My orginal mount is pitted and I plan on having it rechromed.

PS, Part Number cast in the bracket is PT4665459, preceeding the part number is what looks like a 3 leaf clover and following the part number is a 2.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
sport sedan rear view mirror

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll rule out the dash mounted mirror and try to find one the correct length in a parts car somewhere.
Here you go, the length difference can be seen. I have this one if you need one, it's pitted and will need to be re-chromed but it's an original. :tu

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would definitely be interested in your bracket, it would be nice to see something other than the 10ft behind my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts